About Gavin Hudson
I am a Heating Engineer with more than 20 years’ experience of working on boilers.
I carried out my apprenticeship at a local family-run firm where I encountered a wide range of gas and oil boilers and gained valuable experience in boiler servicing and heating maintenance. Over the years I have also gained experience in the growing renewable heating market, fitting, servicing and maintaining heat pump systems and solar thermal hot water systems.
More recently I have worked for a heating company in Witney where I had the opportunity to gain the experience and specialist knowledge needed for servicing of AGA and Rayburn cookers.
I am now delighted to be running my own central heating business based in Carterton, West Oxfordshire.
Gas Safe Registered (formerly “Corgi”)
- CCN1 – Core domestic gas safety – Expires 20/03/2023
- CPA1 – Combustion performance analysis – Expires 20/03/2023
- CENWAT – Install, exchange, commission, disconnect, service, repair, and breakdown of domestic gas fired boilers and circulators, combination boilers, storage water heaters and instantaneous water heaters – Expires 20/03/2023
- CKR1 – Install, exchange, service, repair, breakdown and commission domestic gas cooking appliances – Expires 26/08/2021
- HTR1 – Install, exchange, service, repair, breakdown and commission domestic open, balanced and fan assisted flued gas fires and wall heaters – Expires 14/06/2021
- UHW – Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems – Expires 07/08/2023
- CONGLP1PD LPG Safety in Permanent Dwellings – Expires 17/07/2019
- CONGLP1RPH- LPG Safety in Residential Park Homes – Expires 17/07/2019
- CDGA1 – Install, service, repair & breakdown of commercial direct fired heating appliances and equipment – Expires 15/06/2021
- CIGA1 – Install, commission, service, repair & breakdown of commercial indirect fired heating appliances and equipment – Expires 15/06/2021
- CODCO1 – Changeover domestic natural gas to commercial natural gas – Expires 15/06/2021
- CORT1 – Install, commission, service, repair & breakdown of gas fired commercial overhead luminous radiant plaque & radiant tube heaters – Expires 15/06/2021
- ICPN1 Installation first fix of commercial pipework – Expires 15/06/2021
- TPCP1 – Testing & purging commercial installation pipework exceeding 1m3 in volume, up to 16 bar operating pressure natural gas & 2 bar LPG – Expires 15/06/2021
- TPCP1A – Testing and purging of low-pressure commercial pipework installations in accordance with IGEM document IGE/UP/1A – Expires 15/06/2021
- CODC1 – Changeover domestic natural gas to catering natural gas – Expires 08/07/2021
- COMCAT1 – Install, exchange, disconnect, repair, breakdown & commission commercial catering appliances in table 1 grouping – Expires 08/07/2021
- COMCAT2 – Install, exchange, disconnect, repair, breakdown & commission commercial catering appliances in table 2 grouping – Expires 08/07/2021
- COMCAT3 – Install, exchange, disconnect, repair, breakdown and commission commercial catering appliances in table 3 grouping – Expires 08/07/2021
- OFT10-101 – Service and Commissioning – Pressure Jet Boilers – Expires 15/06/2023
- OFT10-105E – Installation of bio liquid fuelled fixed combustion appliances and systems – Expires 15/06/2023
- OFT10-600a – Installation of oil fuel storage supply systems connected to fixed combustion appliances – Expires 15/06/2023
- NVQ level 2 Diploma in Plumbing & Heating
- NVQ level 3 Diploma in Plumbing & Heating
- WREG Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999
- Mitsubishi – Commission, repair & install air source heat pumps certificate of training
- Glow Worm boilers certificate of training
Gavin is based in Carterton, and covers most of Oxfordshire including Appleton, Bampton, Brize Norton, Burford, Carterton, Clanfield, Cumnor, Eynsham, Faringdon, Grove, Kidlington, Kingston Bagpuize, Marcham, Shrivenham, Southmoor, Standlake, Witney, Woodstock, Oxford, and everywhere in between. He also covers some areas of Gloucestershire, including Lechlade and Fairford.
If your plumbing or heating system has been causing you trouble and you aren’t sure what to do, call Cotswold Heating Services. We will set up an appointment to evaluate the situation and provide you with the appropriate solution.